- Water System Consumer Confidence Reports
- Water System Health Department Notices
- Water Conservation Tips
- Cross Connection Brochure
- Cross Connection RI Statue 461322
- Water and Sewer Rates 2019_2020
- Sample Inspection Notice 2019
- Clean Water Infrastructure Plan 2019
- Water Supply System Management Plan 5year Update 2018
The Water Division is responsible for the treatment and distribution of drinking water to the municipal water district.
In 2019, Jamestown Water commenced an inspection program of all commercial and domestic water connections to determine compliance with State and local cross-connection regulations. Cross connections between public water supplies and non-potable sources of contamination or private wells represent one of the most significant threats to the health of our water supply. The elimination of cross-connections will safeguard the entire drinking water system from inadvertent contamination. Additional information about cross-connections can be found here.
The Sewer Division is responsible for the collection and treatment of wastewater from the urban sewer district.
In 2019, wastewater personnel have commenced inspection of all commercial and domestic sewer connections to reduce freshwater inputs in to the sanitary sewer system. These inspections are required by the State of Rhode Island and the Environmental Protection Agency to reduce the overflow of untreated sewage to the Bay during periods of heavy rain storms.
The Sewer Division also encourages you to reduce the discharge of fats, oils and grease (FOG) to the sewer system. FOG's can clog sewer lines leading to overflows and backups.
- Never pour grease down the sink or toilet drain. Instead, pour or scrape grease from pots and pans into a can, allow the grease to cool and solidify, and then throw away in the trash.
- You can scrape or wipe (using paper towels) grease directly into the trash.
- Avoid the use of additives that dissolve grease. This allows the grease to liquefy and pass down the sewer line causing problems in other areas.
For Town billing/payment information: Billing Info Page
For information on public drinking water: Rhode Island Department of Health
For information on wastewater treatment facilities: Rhode Island Department of Environmental Management
Office Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
93 Narragansett Ave.
Jamestown, RI 02835
Phone (401) 423-7225
Fax (401) 423-7226