The Town does not offer curbside trash collection, though that service is available for a fee from private haulers. Recycling is mandatory. If you choose to contract with a private hauler contact your collector for information about the fee they charge to collect recycling.
TRANSFER STATION (1218 North Main Road)
- Available to residents with the purchase of a sticker. Proof of residency is required. Stickers are only available at the Transfer Station. Annual stickers are available in July of each year. The 2023-2024 sticker price is $170.
- Hours: Thursday through Monday, 8:30 AM to 3:30 PM.
- E-WASTE is no longer accepted at the Transfer Station. The next Town electronic waste pickup event will be Saturday March 16, 2024 from 9 am to noon at the Jamestown Library (26 North Road).
- Metal items accepted in a designated container at no charge to residents. In accordance with State law, there is a charge for refrigerator disposal to cover the cost of refrigerant removal and doors must be removed.
- Motor oil is accepted with no charge to residents at the Igloo located at the Transfer Station.
- Yard waste, including leaves, grass and flower debris, is accepted with no charge to residents at the Transfer Station. Paper yard waste bags can be added to the pile. Brush, trees and wood debris are prohibited.
- Mattresses and box springs are accepted for recycling in a designated container at no charge to residents. Please contact transfer station personnel to verify that space is available in the container prior to moving materials to the transfer station.
- Island Rubbish is contracted by the Town to collect curbside recycling.
- Acceptable Items to Recycle
- What if my recycling bin is too small?
- Flatten the material and tie with string or place the excess in a paper bag. Maximum size is 36 inches long.
- What if my recycling bin is lost or stolen?
- Each household will be provided one blue bin (cans, bottles) and one green covered bin (paper).. If your bin is lost or stolen, you may buy a replacement at the Transfer Station for $15.
- What if I move?
- Do not take the recycling bin with you or you will be charged for a replacement. Leave the bin for the next occupant.
- What if I do not participate in the recycling program?
- Recycling in Jamestown is mandatory. You could be fined $50 for not recycling.
The Town is continually searching for new and innovative ways to recycle.