Request Records/Reports

Share & Bookmark, Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

The Jamestown Police Department is committed to providing you with public records in an expeditious and courteous manner.

All requests for records may be made verbally or in writing to the Public Information Officer, Captain Angela M. Deneault.  Telephone Number (401) 423-1212.

The regular business hours of the Records Department are 7:00 AM to 3:00 PM.  If you come in at a time when the Public Information Officer is not available, please complete the Public Records Request form attached.  It will be given to the Public Information Officer their next working day.

You are not required to provide identification or the reason you seek the information, and your right to access public records will not depend on providing identification or reasons.

In order to ensure that you are provided with the public records you seek in an expeditious manner, we ask that you complete the Public Records Request form attached, although this is not required.

There are times when the public records you seek are not available at the time of your request.  Please be advised that the Access to Public Records Act gives a public body ten business days to respond.  We appreciate your understanding and patience.

In accordance with R.I.G.L. 38-2-4, the Department may charge a fee of fifteen cents ($.15) per page for copies and/or fifteen dollars ($15.00) per hour, after the first hour, for search and/or retrieval of documents.  For purposes of search and retrieval costs, multiple requests made within a thirty (30) day period to the Department shall be considered as one (1) request.

If you feel that you have been denied access to public records, you have the right to appeal to the Jamestown Police Chief James Campbell.  If you are still not satisfied, you may file a complaint with the Department of Attorney General, 150 South Main St. Providence, RI  02903 or file suit in Superior Court.

Get Accident Report b 

If you were recently in a motor vehicle accident you can get a copy of your report here.