About Vital Records
Vital Records are birth, death, marriage, and civil union documents. They are legal documents that contain information about the vital events of people in Jamestown. Certified copies of vital records are used for many purposes, such as to establish proof of age, receive social security benefits and receive death benefits from life insurance policies.
- Appointments are being set Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 4:00 pm for couples applying for Marriage Licenses.
- Please complete the MARRIAGE WORKSHEET
- Return the following via email to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Marriage worksheet
- Scanned copies of your driver’s licenses and birth certificates
- If either of you have been married previously we will also need certified copies of your divorce decree(s) and/or death certificate(s).
- Certified copies of your Marriage Certificate are not mailed automatically. You must request and pay for a copy(s). This can be done at the time of applying for the marriage license and/or anytime after the marriage has taken place.
Please contact us at 401-423-9801 to schedule an appointment prior to coming to this office.
Request a Copy of Birth, Death or Marriage Certificate
Please visit the RI Department of Health/Vital Records to request a copy of Birth, Death or Marriage Certificates
In the event of an error on a vital record, contact the State Office of Vital Records for information on how to make record corrections and required documentation.
Roseanne Giorgianni, Chief
State Registrar's Office
Office of Vital Records
Three Capitol Hill, Room 101
Providence, RI 02908-