Jamestown Tree Preservation and Protection Committee
Trees are vital to the character and beauty of our Town. The Jamestown Tree Preservation and Protection Committee is a dynamic group that acts to ensure the health and care of these important natural resources. Committee members actively plan and participate in the group’s undertakings and events throughout the year.
The mission of the Tree Committee has several components:
- To increase awareness of the environmental, community, economic and social value of trees.
- To promote the well-being of trees throughout our town. We do this through development of educational programs, tours and information on native trees, optimal tree selection, planting and upkeep, and disease management.
- To ensure the safety and maintenance of trees on Town property and public rights-of-way. This is accomplished by working with the Town's tree warden and the Department of Public Works to review and approve, as appropriate, requests for tree planting, pruning, and removal.
- To undertake tree-oriented projects which enhance the aesthetics and overall quality of life in our Town by collaborating with civic leaders and the tree warden on celebrations, observances and proposal submissions for funding to appropriate sources.
- To provide citizens of the Town with affordable access to trees and planting assistance.
Before You Take Down That Tree
A permit issued by the Jamestown Tree Warden is required before any pruning, trimming or removal of trees or stumps within the Town's right-of-way. Further, a permit is required for planting a tree within the Town right-of-way. In addition, posting by the Town Tree Warden is required before a permit can be issued for a tree removal. Further, a permit is required for planting a tree within the Town right-of-way. Click here for Terms for Maintenance of Trees on Town Property.
Documents & Downloads :
Other Links and Information :
Tree Preservation and Protection Committee:
Steve Saracino (Tree Warden)
Non Voting Members
Steve Saracino, Tree Warden
George Souza (Conservation Commission Liaison)
Ex Officio Members
The Committee meets the third Tuesday of each month.