JAMESTOWN TOWN HALL
A Message from the Town Administrator:
Welcome to the Town's web site and please take a moment to familiarize yourself with its many new features in discovering why the Town of Jamestown is known as a great community to live, work and visit. The Town site offers significantly more information than the previous version and provides extensive information about our island community, links to local organizations and events as well as up-to-date information concerning Town meetings and community issues.
If you are considering purchasing a home in this coastal Rhode Island community, click on the Tax Assessor's Department and review the current assessment of any property in Jamestown. You will be able to view a full color photograph of all residential homes as well as descriptive information.
As a Jamestown parent or resident, you may find yourself seeking an easier way to register your children or yourself in one of our community's many recreational programs? Visit our Recreation Department on-line and register all family members for our many programs without having to come into town as well as stay informed regarding local discussions regarding future facility and program enhancements.
The website is here to serve both residents and non-residents of Jamestown. The site was designed to be constantly evolving and to be used as a mechanism to keep residents informed about their local government as well as a way to introduce "off-islanders" to the unique qualities of our community. Whether it is a question about the date of the next Town Council meeting or the town's budget or one of the many water or sewer utility initiatives, these answers and more are available on-line.
Your feedback is critical to the success of the site, so please take the time to offer suggestions and comments as you explore its many features. If you have further questions about our community please contact a member of the Town staff or stop by the Town Hall at your convenience. Thank you
Christina Collins, Acting Town Administrator
Office of the Town Administrator:
The Town of Jamestown operates under a Council - Administrator form of government, whereby the Town Administrator serves as the Chief Administrative Officer. The Town Administrator in this capacity, is responsible for the administration of all Town affairs assigned to that office by or under the Town Charter.
Some of the powers and duties of the Administrator include:
- To direct and supervise the administration of all departments, offices and agencies of the Town to achieve goals within available resources; plan and organize workloads and staff assignments; train, motivate and evaluate assigned staff; review progress and direct changes, as needed;
- Provide leadership and direction in the development of short and long range plans; interpret and prepare data for studies, reports and recommendations; coordinate department activities with other Federal, State and Local agencies;
- Administers the Town's personnel program, collective bargaining management and negotiations, and nominates for appointment and removal all department heads, officers and employees of the Town, except for members of the Town Council;
- To see that all laws, provisions of the Charter and acts of the Town Council subject to enforcement by the Administrator are faithfully executed;
- To prepare and submit the annual Town budget and capital program to the Town Council; assures that assignments are performed within budget; performs cost control activities; monitors revenues and expenditures in assigned areas; assures effective and efficient use of budgeted funds, personnel materials, facilities and time;
- To submit to the Town Council and make available to the public a complete report on the finances and administrative activities of the Town at the end of each fiscal year;
- To make such other reports as the Town Council may require concerning the operations of Town Departments, offices and agencies subject to the Administrator's direction;
- To keep the Town Council fully advised as to the financial condition and future needs of the Town and make such recommendations to the Town Council concerning the affairs of the Town as the Administrator deems desirable;
- To perform such other duties as are specified in the Charter or may be required by the Town Council.
Christina Collins, Acting Town Administrator
Debbie Shea, Executive Secretary
For general questions: email@example.com
Hours: Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
93 Narragansett Ave.
Jamestown, RI 02835
Phone (401) 423-7201
Fax (401) 423-7230