The JAMESTOWN RI POLICE DEPARTMENT is seeking individuals to apply for the position of patrol officer. The professional modern police officer must be prepared for a variety of work assignments and challenges. Policing today requires that you be part of the community and work at resolving real world problems and meeting people. If this describes what you are seeking in a career, we encourage you to apply.
• Must be 21 years of age with a valid driver’s license
• Must be a US citizen
• Must have ONE of the following:
o 4+ Years Military Service with honorable discharge
o Rhode Island POST Certified Police Officer active within the past three (3) years
o POST-certified Police Officer-active within the past three (3) years
o A minimum of sixty (60) completed college credits in Criminal Justice or related field upon appointment | Related Fields: Administration of Justice, Criminology (Corrections), Law, Law Enforcement, Police Science, Political Science (Government), Psychology, or Sociology
• Must have no felony or misdemeanor arrests and/or convictions
• Must have tact and ability to communicate with people and be able to take command of a wide variety of situations, some of them life-threatening
• Experienced candidates will be required to pass a background investigation, psychological exam and physical exam.
The Town of Jamestown is an equal opportunity employer, considering applications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, marital or veteran status.
Applications may be found at www.policeapp.com. The application deadline is midnight, July 16, 2018.