About Vital Records
Vital Records are birth, death, marriage, and civil union documents. They are legal documents that contain information about the vital events of people in Jamestown. Certified copies of vital records are used for many purposes, such as to establish proof of age, receive social security benefits and receive death benefits from life insurance policies.
What You Should Do
- Know how to apply for a copy of a birth, death, marriage, or civil union record or a marriage/civil union license.
- Gather all required identification.
- Provide appropriate payment.
- In the event or an error on a vital record, contact the State Office of Vital Records for information on record corrections and required documentation.
Roseanne Giorgianni, Chief
State Registrar's Office
Office of Vital Records
Three Capitol Hill, Room 101
Providence, RI 02908-
- about vital records 08.21.2014
- Application for certified copy of Birth certificate
- Application for Certified Copy of Death record
- Application for Certified Copy of Marriage or Civil Union
- how to apply for a marriage license in RI
- WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR VITAL RECORD 7-21-14
- vital statistics information pamphlet 8-22-2016