Parks & Recreation Announces Cancelation of Activities - Public Statement
Dear Families and Jamestown Community,
The health and well-being of our participants, employees, and residents is the top priority of the Town and its Departments. The Parks & Recreation Department services a large and diverse cross-section of the island’s population which in relation to the current information regarding the COVID-19 virus, has caused the Town to implement the following policy regarding programs and public events:
- Effective immediately, the Town of Jamestown has canceled all scheduled public meetings of boards and commissions to reduce the spread of an outbreak.
- Any public events greater than 100 persons shall be canceled.
- Town programs, activities, and events held inside Jamestown Schools shall be cancelled.
- Programs or activities that serve a high-risk population will be canceled (Preschool & Elderly)
- We will be selectively canceling other programs, trips, or events that are considered high risk activities for the spreading of the virus.(trips to densely populated areas/large populations)
We ask the public to please consider familiarizing yourself with the following resources that have been made available to the public relative to the COVID-19 virus.
- For national updates and resources here’s a newly launched federal website.
- RIDOH has also activated two COVID-19 email addresses:
- RIDOH website: https://health.ri.gov/diseases/ncov2019/
If you have previously registered for a program or event that has been affected by this policy you will be contacted by a Parks & Recreation Staff person by phone or via email. It is important to note that this is an ongoing situation that we will be continuing to monitor and potentially institute changes to our policies to remain in-line with keeping our participants and the general public safe.
Director of Parks & RecreationParksRecreation COVID19 Public Statement