Senior Meal Site Coordinator
- Type:Part Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$13-$15 per hour
- Posted Date:07/28/2017
- Deadline to Apply:08/28/2017
Town of Jamestown – Parks & Recreation Department
Senior Center Meal Site Coordinator
Senior Site Coordinator plans, organizes, directs and coordinates the nutrition senior site program, including: Congregate Meals, Home Delivered Meals, and assists with the comfort of the participant and works with the community to increase the effectiveness of the site program.19.5 hrs per week.
Ability to communicate with people in a friendly and courteous manner. Good organizational skills. Neat and clean in appearance. Ability to remain calm and react properly in emergency situations.
- Take the temperature of food. Record the temperature immediately uponreceiving the food and a half-an-hour prior to serving.
- Set tables, serve lunch and clean tables after lunch
- Collect money from lunch participants
- Train and supervise volunteers and keep a record of volunteer hours for Westbay Community Action
- Perform related duties and paper work as required
- ALL new participants MUST fill out a PIF form in its entirety and faxed/scanned to Westbay Community Action
WEEKLY & MONTHLY TASKS
- Take lunch reservations and cancellations. Meal counts must be sent to Encore Catering and Westbay Community on the Thursday prior to the upcoming week
- In the event of inclement weather or lunch cancellation, Encore Catering MUST be informed by 6:00a.m. that morning or Westbay will incur a charge in the full amount of the meals ordered.
- Provide refreshments for periodic programs and clean up refreshments after the programs
- Perform related duties and paper work as required:
- Complete a bank deposit slip and deposit money into the Westbay Community Action bank account.
- Complete a weekly sales report w/deposit slip(s) and volunteer hour sheet (if applicable) and fax/scan to Westbay Community Action by Wednesday of the following week
- Complete a monthly participant roster for Westbay Community Action and fax/scan to Westbay Community action upon completion
TO APPLY FOR THIS JOB PLEASE COMPLETE THIS APPLICATION AND RETURN TO THE PARKS & RECREATION DEPARTMENT @ 41 CONANICUS AVE. JAMESTOWN, RI 02835 PLEASE CALL DEB HAGIE 423-7266 WITH ANY QUESTIONS. POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED.